How a licensed, registered representative can get appointed with Pacific Life.
Before a registered representative may sell Pacific Life Annuities and Mutual Funds they will need to get "Appointed" with Pacific Life or Pacific Life & Annuity Company. The Appointment process begins with the Broker/Dealer establishing and executing a selling agreement with Pacific Life or Pacific Life & Annuity Company.
Once the Broker/Dealer has a selling agreement for Pacific Life products, the following items will be needed to "Set-up" the Broker/Dealer:
- Name of each general agency the Broker/Dealer does business through, and the tax ID# (Form W9)
- Copy of any general agency's state insurance license(s) to be used by the Broker/Dealer
- FINRA Central Registrations Depository (CRD) Status Report
Once the Broker/Dealer has been set-up, the processing of Registered Representative Appointments begins. The following items will be needed from each registered representative:
- Copy of the registered representative's state insurance license is required for each state you will be doing business in
- FINRA Central Registrations Depository (CRD) Status Report that reflects the registered representative's current Broker/Dealer
- State appointment forms (if applicable)
If you have questions about getting appointed, email or call Customer Service (800) 722-2333 or (800) 748-6907 for New York.
Important Legal Information